Hosted API mocking for everyone
- SaaS, nothing to install
- For individuals, teams and enterprises
- Intuitive web UI for developers
- OpenAPI, Swagger and Postman import
- NEW: Chaos Engineering
- Generous free plan
WireMock frees you from dependency on unstable APIs and allows you to develop with confidence. It's easy to launch a mock API server and simulate a host of real-world scenarios and APIs - including REST, SOAP, OAuth2 and more.
Run in your unit tests, on your
laptop or in your test environment.
Fault and latency
Record / Playback
Java, Python, HTTP and
JSON file APIs
WireMock is available as a standalone service, Java library and integrations for modern languages and technology stacks.
- Gradle Groovy
- Gradle Kotlin
- Scala SBT
Add the following to your project's pom.xml dependencies:
Add the following to your project's build.gradle:
Add the following to your project's build.gradle.kts:
Add the following to your project’s build.sbt:
Download the latest standalone JAR then run the following in a terminal:
Learn more in the running standalone guide.
Run the following in a terminal:
Learn more in the Docker guide.
- What is WireMock?
- WireMock is a free API mocking tool that can be run as a standalone server, or in a hosted version via the WireMock Cloud managed service.
- What is API mocking?
- API mocking involves creating a simple simulation of an API, accepting the same types of request and returning identically structured responses as the real thing, enabling fast and reliable development and testing.
- When do you need to mock APIs?
- API mocking is typically used during development and testing as it allows you to build your app without worrying about 3rd party APIs or sandboxes breaking. It can also be used to rapidly prototype APIs that don’t exist yet.
- How do you create an API mock?
- WireMock supports several approaches for creating mock APIs - in code, via its REST API, as JSON files and by recording HTTP traffic proxied to another destination.
- What makes WireMock unique?
- WireMock has a rich matching system, allowing any part of an incoming request to be matched against complex and precise criteria. Responses of any complexity can be dynamically generated via the Handlebars based templating system. Finally, WireMock is easy to integrate into any workflow due to its numerous extension points and comprehensive APIs.
- Is WireMock open source?
- Yes, WireMock is a completely open source API mocking tool (GitHub repo). If you’re looking for a hosted version of WireMock, check out WireMock Cloud.
- Is WireMock a free service?
- WireMock is completely free under the Apache 2.0 license.