Need help? Join the WireMock community Slack
WARNING: This document is for WireMock 3.x preview. See the documentation for the current WireMock 2.x baseline here. If you are interested to know more what is planned for WireMock 3.x, see this page.
Running on Android
Disclaimer: This solution page includes resources maintained by their authors outside the WireMock organization on GitHub. The info is provided as is without guarantees unless explicitly specified. Referenced projects and guidelines might be incompatible with the recent WireMock 2.x releases or the recent versions of the target technology or framework.
Please use with caution, and submit GitHub issues or pull requests to this page and referenced repositories if something is missing, broken or needs update.
Guide by Sam Edwards
As documented by Sam Edwards in 2016, with some effort it is now possible to run WireMock 2.x on Android. Please see this blog post for instructions. This guide is likely no longer applicable to the recent versions.
- Android Http Mocking Examples
- Shopping App Demo application with API mocking in test automation
- Now it is based on Ktor, but there is WireMock Edition in the commit history
- WireMock and Kotlin - Android ecosystem embraces Kotlin as a development language, and there are some additional tooling available
- WireMock on Java and JVM - Some of JVM generic solutions are applicable to Android development too